When you need to store your car or truck for any period of time it is important to make sure that you have a safe place to store it. We have limited indoor storage available but plenty of uncovered outdoor storage spots. Your vehicle will be safe and secure while in our care.
Storage Check List
There are a few things that we recommend to-do when preparing your car for long term storage:
- Top off the fluid levels. A full reservoir will leave no space for condensation to occur.
- Change the oil and filter. Old oil will become acidic and eat away the inside of your engine. Fresh oil takes longer to break down.
- Grease steering and suspension. A full grease service will keep the seals and rubber bushings from drying out.
- Top off the fuel and add a fuel stabilizer. This will keep the gas from breaking down and evaporating.
- Older vehicles disconnect the battery. Newer vehicles though need to leave the battery connected or else the computer will need to be reprogrammed.
- Never engage the parking brake. Brake pads can rust to the rotor or the drum and cause the wheel to seize. Use wheel chocks instead.
- Use a vehicle cover or a tarp and secure it around the body to ensure that is does not fly off in a wind storm.