Keeping your boat in tip-top shape is easy when you use dry storage options. Outdoor boat storage keeps it out of the water and in a safe and secure location. You won’t have to worry about theft or damages that usually occur at a slip. Our outdoor boat and trailer storage solutions are for any size boat, jet-ski or PWC you own.
Storage Check List:
The following steps can be taken to protect your boat while in storage. Additionally, specific procedures recommended by the boat manufacturer should be closely considered.
- Prepare your engine in accordance with the owner’s manual. In winter, this will normally include draining and flushing the cooling system; draining and refilling the crankcase; applying oil to inside of each cylinder through the spark plug holes; and other preservative actions.
- Thoroughly clean the hull, decks, cockpit, bilge, all compartments, lockers and the exterior of engine, and coat with an appropriate wax or preservative.
- Drain fuel lines, pumps, carburetor and tanks or fill completely, and add fuel stabilizer.
- Leave all floorboards up, doors ajar, ports and skylights open, hatches partly open, drawers and lockers open.
- Carefully fit a well-made cover, provided with ventilation ports. If boat is to be stored outdoors, make sure there are no low spots in the cover that will hold rainwater.
- Place a cover over engine. Do not leave the engine exposed to the sun or rain.
- Don’t forget the trailer. Check tire pressure, and cover tires, if they will be exposed to the sun. Check and pack wheel hubs, if necessary, and lubricate jack.
- Finally, note dates of registration, tags, certificates and insurance, etc., and plan for renewal, if they expire during your storage term.